A lot of people make #NewYearResolutions that focus on their bodies.
- I will go to the gym.
- I want to lose weight.
- I will join a running club
But have you ever made a resolution to look after your hands? #handhealth
Exercises can help if you have #handpain. You need to stretch your hands if you use them frequently. For example,
- Computer work
- Construction Professionals
Here is the first of our recommended exercises for 2018 from Shyam a hand surgery consultant in Sutton, West Midlands and Warwickshire.
Make a Fist
Hand and finger exercises can help strengthen your hands and fingers, increase your range of motion, and give you pain relief. Stretch only until you feel tightness. You shouldn’t feel pain. Start with this simple stretch:
- Make a gentle fist, wrapping your thumb across your fingers.
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds. Release and spread your fingers wide.
- Repeat with both hands at least four times.
If you still have symptoms of